Sunday 4 January 2009

slight cheat...

Yes, I know I said I'd start from this year, but over the Christmas holidays I've read lots, so I'm going to start with those and then pick up from January in the next...it's my blog so I can do what I want?!!

Chrismas holiday reads...
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Yes, I'm far too old for this series...by at least twenty years...so, there's really no excuse! But, I loved it! The writing isn't great and would benefit from stronger editing and the author not so obviously living through her main character , but I totally bought into the forbidden love and thought Edward was fabulous, although Bella is annoying at times, particularly through most of the second book. Gorgeous, sensitive vampires, particularly Carlilse and Edward! Jake the werewolf was mainly irritating and what was Bella thinking?! Edward became too self-sacrificing as the series developed and you wanted to tell him to get a grip and get rid of Jacob. The imprinting thing got slightly weird too, but I can still forgive most of that.
Twilight is my favourite and thought New Moon was the weakest of the four, just not enough Edward! Eclipse was fine and I liked the back stories of the Cullen's. The final book did bring it to a satisfactory conclusion, although it all seemed a bit easy for Bella, everyone else seemed to go through great pains to protect her and yet it all just worked out for her with her special powers. Cynical, moi?
Not great literature and I'm clearly not the target market, but I treated it like a huge box of Thornton's...I totally indulged and gorged on the books until I finished the lot, thoroughly loved it at the time and now feel a little bit guilty for enjoying them so much!

Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener
I love Agatha Raisin and wish I'd found them earlier...basic murder, usual crush and happy ending...what else?

No comments:

Post a Comment