Monday 24 August 2009

Still in August...

Having a late rush on reading...

Every Woman for Herself by Trisha Ashley
I know I keep saying it but Trisha Ashley is fab and I've really struggled to get hold of her earlier books...i think this was on Amazon Marketplace for about £50! Now, I like her, but not THAT much! Finally this appeared in RiSi and I got a swap. It's a 4.5 star really... I loved it, but it's not as complete as her later offerings, probably due to it being a much shorter book! However, Mace (awful name) was underdeveloped for me to be the true romantic hero and there was a little too much emphasis on the weird and wacky chracters that the story didn't really need. Saying that, Charlie, was a good lead and suitably awkward and stroppy heroine.
As a last point, I finally get where the "Skint Old Northern Woman" mag that crops up in the later books comes from...it all fits now.

No comments:

Post a Comment