Tuesday 3 February 2009

February all ready?!!

Love Affairs for Grown Ups by Debbie Holt
A gentle but entertaining read and I really liked the main characters who were warm and reasonbaly realistic, although it took them too long to suss themselves out!

The Paradise Room by Belinda Jones
I do love Belinda Jones, but this isn't my favourite...and when I think about it, I'm not sure why! the setting (as always) was glamorous and I still want to feed the fish from my coffee table in Bora Bora!! But something about the book didn't draw me in as usual...maybe it was just the mix of characters that didn't appeal. The main character who dressed frumpily but had the body of a supermodel wasn't as sympathetic as usual and the love interest was a bit of a plonker?! All a bit too predictable - and this from a chick-lit fan?!!
Slightly disappointed as I really love Belinda Jones - sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment