Monday 1 December 2014

Cold Feet at Christmas by Debbie Johnson

**
Rob is trying to get away from it all by spending Christmas alone in a Scottish cottage.  His peace is destroyed when a dishevelled and almost delirious bride turns up on his doorstep seeking sanctuary.   Leah has abandoned her fairy tale Christmas wedding after finding her intended up to no good with a bridesmaid.  The unlikely pair is snowed in but quickly make the best of the circumstances by jumping into bed with each other!  We go from serious passion to cruel rejection and it just left me feeling a bit “ick”.

I was expecting a cosy love story with a slow, romantic build up where two hurt and slightly damaged people find love.  If that’s what you’re wanting, this isn’t the book for you; I also didn’t think it was a Christmassy story and I didn’t get the warm, fuzziness I expect from a Christmas novel.  

Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for the book, but it’s just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment