Saturday 1 January 2011

Where did the last 4 months go?!!

So, long time, no see!!
Start of the new school year completely overtook keeping up with the reviews and although I've kept on reading...I've not managed to spend anytime here at all.  Oops!
Still new year, and try again!
Now have a kindle to buy for and I'm trying to get through the huge pile of books to be read that dominate my back bedroom, half a wardrobe and various other small nooks and crannies around the house.  The idea was that the kindle would help steamline my book addiction, but it's not worked like that so far (but we live in hope!)
I've pulled back from RiSi, as that was just adding to the problem and there's only so many books even a dedicated slob can manage.  The audiobook does mean I now listen during the commute to work rather than shouting at the radio, so I'm revisiting classics and other recommended books.

So, I'm going to try and keep up during 2011 and if there's anyone out there, Happy Reading and Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Reading and Happy New Year to you too Jooley. Let us know how you find the kindle, I haven't succumbed to an e reader yet still preferring paper. However, I can see the benefits particularly for travelling light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi balletjane, good to hear from you!
    I'm happily using both at the moment! I like the kindle for weight and travelling (it's so easy to stick in a normal sized handbag instead of having to supersize when I'm out and about!) and now I've read a few books I've got over the "I'm reading my kindle" everytime I turn a page...but no it doesn't replace books and I'll always keep a paper copy of my old favourites.
    So many books and so little time!!

    ReplyDelete