Thursday 8 April 2010

The Bride and the Beast by Teresa Medeiros

**
I'm going to keep this one short...I'm off work and it's a retelling (again) of Beauty and the Beast! By now if you've been keeping up with my whims, (and I know there’s at least two people out there who do!!) Firstly, I tend to have indulgent, silly reads when I'm on holiday and secondly, I can't resist any reworking of my favourite fairy tale! (So that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
However, this has to be one of the most ridiculous - the story set in old Scotland, the beast is a self styled Laird with a thirst for revenge and our Beauty being a pretty but slightly overweight, mouthy girl with a mad father and three sisters who keep the male population of the village entertained! It's bad, but did make me smile at certain points, and it was a swap - so I didn't pay more than postage for it - so it just scrapes two stars – and I’m being kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment