Saturday 18 April 2009

End of the holidays...

Where do two lovely long weeks go? It seems forever and suddenly it's the last weekend and I'm still ctaching up on all the things I promised I'd get done! Too depressing to dwell on!

So to update my reading - not so much this week as I've been away...

Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House by MC Beaton
After the depressing tales of Lilly I wanted something light...and also something that wouldn't need much concentration on the train! Here it is, usual stuff...new "love interest" that doesn't come right for Aggie and unfortunately the slimy Charles is back!

The Luminous Life of Lilly Aphrodite by Beatrice Colin
I really wanted to like this book...it has a fab cover and had amazing reviews, but sadly it left me cold. The character of Lilly was passive and I couldn't actually like her, Hanne was even worse! The whole saga of the changes in her life and the terrible events in Germany at the time were interesting, but not compelling. I feel I've missed something that others have obviously seen in this book. Sorry. i stuck with it - willing it to grow on me, but sadly not.

No comments:

Post a Comment